Woodbridge Memory Bike
The WOODBRIDGE MEMORY BIKE, enables a carer and a pedaler to take a loved one for short MEMORY BIKE rides around town or along the river walk, taking in a cuppa in a café along the way.
· Our town is beautiful. Many of our elderly residents have lived here all their lives. Sadly, when they are affected by memory loss they retreat into their own little world and pull away from everyone and all that they loved.
· How wonderful to be able to help them enjoy being out and about in their much-loved town again on pre- arranged short routes. It is well known that fresh air, a bit of exercise and interaction with people, especially the young, helps those with this condition.
· This will give someone the joy again of feeling the air on their face and the wind in their hair again and will add a bit of stimulation to their day.
· Hopefully it will bring a smile to their face and a small bit of enjoyment at being out and about again and seeing a different view.
The MEMORY BIKE would also suit other residents old and young, who cannot, for various reasons get out and about. Imagine their faces when being taken out for a ride about town!
I would like to help to make a small difference to someone’s life and bring a bit of old-fashioned joy back into it.
Funding and advertising for the Woodbridge Memory Bike
· The bike is funded by contributions that go towards the upkeep of the bike
· We welcome any amount from £1 upwards.
· There is an opportunity to promote your business on the WMB. Please supply artwork.
£15 will buy one week
£50 will buy I month
£150 will buy 6 months
Larger amounts can be bought for a permanent display of your business
Please ask for details about this and how to book the Woodbridge Memory Bike via email to:
Councilor Clare Perkins